AT THE PARTY
At the party we gave her
presents. We sang ‘Happy Birthday.’
The cake shouldn’t swallow us, but it did.
1. I used to be a beautiful white horse. Every day, dogs, cats, and pigs would come in the mornings to ride me.
2. My sister and I live in an enormous candy house! My bedroom is made of peppermints, while my sister’s bedroom was made of gumballs.
3. We all are really frogs that turned into humans yesterday.
4. Clocks are really counting down until we fall off the edge of the Earth.
5. There isn’t any light. We just all have night vision.
I’m the last person
on Earth, sitting in my living room,
and there’s a knock at the door.
Everyone was mad: the students, the teacher,
the brown bears.
when will you meet someone new?
One time I saw a coon running into the woods.
Then when I looked at his tail, I started yelling,
“Why do you have black rings on your tail?
Did you paint the rings on there
Or is that how many times you’ve been married?”
The coon looked at me kinda confused,
then ran away, thinking I was stupid.
Arch Ford Educational Service Cooperative
Dates of Visit: November 4, 2015
Faculty Sponsor: Sally Stuart
Grade Levels: 3, 4, 5, 6
Appx. Number Students Served: 100
Visiting Writers: Sacha Idell and David Kinzer